Education at the MBO colleges is organized on a small scale, as a student you mainly have to deal with the department that your course is part of. ROCvA is characterized by high quality education with a lot of attention for the individual student. Our courses are given as Vocational Training Track (BOL, full-time) and / or as Vocational Guidance Track (BBL, part-time).
ROCvA also provides secondary education and adult education. The secondary education of Amsterdam (VOvA) has ten schools. Adult education consists of the Joke Smit College (vmbo-tl, havo, vwo) and Education (courses and training).
"I invest in people to build a bridge to work, society and further education."
The mission is formulated in ‘I’ format to emphasise the importance of involvement of every employee. Working together in teams, with a large degree of autonomy, employees are essential to the achievement of high quality education. This process is not just about learning a profession or trade, but also about the empowerment and personal development of the student as a citizen and as a person.
Our core values
- Attentive - We pay a great deal of attention to everyone’s personal and social development.
- Ambitious - We strive to be the best we can be and we challenge our students to utilize their talents to the best of their ability.
- Reliable - We stick to our agreements and appointments, we have our affairs in order and we have clear goals and a clear vision on how to achieve them. We take responsibility for our actions.
- Determined and Professional - We always strive for improvement, and for creating and seizing new opportunities.
- Pleasant - We work together in a respectful manner in an informal atmosphere in which everyone feels accepted. This strengthens our relationship with our students.