Let op: vanaf 1 oktober 2022 kun je je aanmelden voor augustus 2023.
MBO College Airport
Opaallaan 25, Hoofddorp
Will this profession suit you?
Is your dream to become a steward or stewardess, and study in English? Are you interested in other cultures and do you like to travel? Then the International Steward/Stewardess course is for you! At MBO College Airport you’ll work in an international environment, discover everything about aviation services, and learn how to ensure passenger safety in emergency situations. In addition to learning additional foreign languages, you can also obtain your Cambridge English Certificate – which is recognised all over the world.
What will the course be like?
International Steward/Stewardess is a full-time dual-language three-year programme, where you’ll receive lessons in Dutch (50%) and English (50%). The course focuses on the theoretical and practical aspects of the aviation industry, with lectures, guest speakers and skills training sessions offered either in English and/or Dutch. This makes the course varied and challenging. You will also take part in global projects, working with international schools, colleges and businesses worldwide. On top of that, you get to study an extra foreign language and there’s a big chance that you’ll get to travel to other countries, as part of the Erasmus student exchange programme.
Lessons are held in our airport mockup, including cabin and check-in areas, and all safety exercises are taught in our very own Boeing 737. We also have an information desk at Schiphol in Departure Hall 3, so we are able to provide you with real-time supervision during your work experience and internships at Schiphol.
If you are over 18, you can do your year 2 internship abroad in any one of our member countries including Cyprus, Gran Canaria, Brussels or Berlin. During your year 3 internship at Schiphol, you get to work with companies such as KLM, TUI, Swissport, Menzies, Transavia or Axxicom.
What will you learn?
- All aspects of the aviation industry, including safety in aviation and ground services
- How to provide services to international passengers & guests
- How to provide services to passengers at the airport
- How to provide services to passengers on board
- A foreign language (French, German and/or Spanish)
- Cambridge English, leading to the internationally recognised Cambridge English Certificate
Where will you be able to work?
- National and international airlines
- National and international airports
- As (ground) steward/stewardess
- As a ground handler at home and/or abroad
- The travel & hospitality industry
- Continue your studies at hbo