Important to know! Your classes are taught in English and in Dutch.
MBO College Centrum
Da Costastraat 60 - 64, Amsterdam
Will this profession suit you?
Wherever there are guests – at a hotel, travel agency, restaurant or event – hospitality is the key to success. Hospitality ensures that guests feel at home, no matter where they are in the world. Are you good at making people feel welcome? Are you interested in an international career in the hospitality and/or tourism sector? Do you see yourself supervising in a hotel in a major city or on a charming holiday island? Make your dreams come true by choosing this course: Manager International Hospitality.
One of the most attractive features of the course is that you get to learn a lot of the theory and practical skills at one of our partner companies; with teachers who monitor you and experienced professionals who know exactly what you need to start your career. You and your talents form the basis and you will continue to develop by setting new learning goals, together with your teachers, until you are ready for your first job.
What will the study be like?
What will the study be like? The Manager International Hospitality course:
- is a full-time truly international and small program
- consists of 3 years of training and internships
- covers both hospitality and tourism
- takes place in companies (e.g. hotels, Amsterdam Marketing) as well as at school
- is taught in English and Dutch, Spanish is your second foreign language
What you learn is immediately relevant! At school you work on projects addressing real-life issues, e.g. how to spread the growing number of tourists in Amsterdam well over the metropolitan area. Your training includes customer service, e.g. at the front office of a hotel, in a restaurant, in management, finance, marketing and sales. Companies in hospitality do not have typical office or school hours; therefore, your schedule will sometimes also partly include weekends and evenings, giving you freedom during other times. You will experience an international environment from the start onwards, meeting guests and co-workers from all over the world. Therefore, much of the emphasis in the program is on gaining international and intercultural skills. If you are at least 18 years old at the time and meet our requirements you will have the opportunity to go on an internship abroad, e.g. in Spain, England or the USA. Apart from your Dutch MBO Level 4 diploma ‘Leidinggevende International Hospitality’, you will also receive the British VTCT Level 3 diploma ‘Hospitality Supervision and Leadership’.
What will you learn?
In this course you will learn:
- all about the hospitality and tourism industry;
- the skills required to work in the sector, such as customer services;
- management skills, such as coaching, entrepreneurship and efficiency;
- intercultural skills, including how to deal with differences in culture and background;
- how to market and sell products and services;
- communication skills, such as giving and receiving feedback and how to make a pitch;
- English and Spanish.
Where will you be able to work?
After completing the course, your all-round knowledge and skills will qualify you for a wide range of management positions at companies and organisations across the entire hospitality sector. Places where guests, customers, travellers and visitors form the core business, including hotels, travel agents, tour operators and tourist attractions, both in the Netherlands and abroad.